A healthy and bright smile is valuable, but our teeth often require extra care. Dental crowns and bridges are two standard therapeutic options for restoring damaged teeth and replacing missing ones. You can restore your smile and the overall function of your mouth by considering dental bridges in Port Moody. It is essential to consult your dentist to determine the right treatment option to address your dental concerns.
What are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns, also called caps, are tooth-shaped covers that are custom-made and fitted over a broken or weakened tooth. They are made of ceramic, metal alloys, or porcelain and are intended to improve the tooth’s aesthetic, strength, and effectiveness. Dental crowns provide several advantages and are frequently advised in various situations.
The process of getting a dental crown involves the following steps:
- Consultation: You and our Port Moody dentist will discuss your dental health, and they examine the affected tooth to determine if a crown is required.
- Tooth preparation: To make room for the crown, the dentist reshapes the tooth by removing a part of its outer structure.
- Impression: The prepared tooth’s imprint or digital image is acquired to produce a personalized crown that matches your natural teeth.
- Temporary crown: A temporary crown is placed over it to safeguard the prepared tooth while the permanent crown is being created.
- Crown fabrication: The imprint is delivered to a dental laboratory, where professionals use materials like porcelain or metal alloys to create your customized crown.
- Final crown placement: When the permanent crown is ready to be installed, the temporary crown is removed, and the permanent crown is bonded or cemented to the prepared tooth.
- Follow-up and aftercare: Regular dental check-ups and oral hygiene ensure the crown’s longevity and oral health.
- Provide protection and strengthen weakened or damaged teeth.
- Designed to match the color, shape, and size of your natural teeth, improving the appearance of your smile
- It allows you to bite and chew without discomfort.
- Durable and long-lasting
- Can boost your self-confidence
It is essential to consult with a knowledgeable dentist to determine whether dental crowns are the right choice for your unique dental requirements and to explore the potential benefits in your specific case.
What are Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges are prosthetic appliances used to replace one or more missing teeth. They comprise prosthetic teeth called pontics secured in place by dental crowns attached to adjacent healthy teeth or dental implants.
- Smile restoration
- Improved chewing and speaking
- Maintains dental alignment
- Efficient and convenient
The Dental Bridges Process
- Consultation: The dentist can examine your oral health and missing teeth, evaluate your condition, and determine if a dental bridge suits you.
- Tooth preparation: If adjacent teeth (abutment teeth) must serve as the bridge’s support, they will be prepared by removing a portion of their outer structure to create room for the dental crowns to hold the bridge in place.
- Impression: An imprint or digital scan of the prepared teeth is needed to make a bridge that matches your natural teeth. To create the bridge, a dental laboratory receives this impression.
- Temporary bridge: A temporary bridge is positioned to preserve the prepared teeth’s appearance and functionality until the permanent bridge is created.
- Bridge fabrication: Experts make Your personalized bridge at the dental laboratory using the impression as a model. Usually, materials like porcelain, ceramic, or metal alloys are used to create the bridge.
- Final bridge placement: The temporary bridge is removed after the permanent one is prepared, and the new one is examined for fit, appearance, and bite. The prepared teeth or dental implants are then used to attach or cement them in place firmly.
- Follow-up and aftercare: Maintaining the lifespan of the dental bridge requires routine dental exams and good oral hygiene. Our dentist will provide instructions on how to take care of your bridge, including how to brush, floss, and how often to have it cleaned by a specialist.
Which is the Right Option For You?
Choosing the right option between dental crowns and bridges depends on your dental needs and conditions. Searching for a dentist near me who can evaluate your oral health, discuss your goals, and provide personalized recommendations is essential.
So, if you’re tired of searching for “dental bridges near me” on the internet, visit Mint Dental! We can help you restore your smile and the general health of your mouth and assist you in achieving optimal oral health.
Schedule your appointment with us!