Dental Exam Near You
A comprehensive exam will be completed by your dentist at your first visit our dental clinic in Port Moody, BC, V3H 1Z1. You can expect the following steps at your appointment:
- X-rays: Digital radiography is used for the detection of dental and oral issues.
- Oral cancer screening: This is a preventive measure that involves the inspection of your mouth, face, neck and throat for oral cancer signs.
- Gum disease evaluation: Your gums and surrounding bones will be examined for periodontal (gum) disease.
- Inspection of teeth: The surfaces of your teeth will be examined for decay using special instruments.
- Inspection of preexisting restorations: Any restorations in your mouth including, fillings, crowns and veneers will be inspected.
Dental Cleaning in Port Moody, BC V3H 1Z1
Receiving dental cleaning at least twice a year is essential for your oral health. If you desire to have clean, healthy teeth, you must have plaque and tartar adequately removed. If plaque and tartar build-up is left untreated, it can lead to tooth decay or even cavities. During your dental cleaning in Port Moody, BC V3H 1Z1, your dentist will do the following:
- Elimination of calculus (tartar): When plaque hardens, it turns into calculus. Only your dentist or dental hygienist can remove calculus that has formed above and below your gum line using appropriate dental instruments.
- Elimination of plaque: Plaque is a tacky, clear film that is comprised of bacteria and debris that forms on our teeth! This can lead to periodontal disease, which is why eliminating it is so important.
- Polishing of teeth: Residual stains and plaque is removed.
Dental Sealants Near You
Dental sealants are made up of thin layers of resin placed onto the fissures, grooves, or pits of a tooth. A dental sealant aims to prevent tooth decay and cavities since they prevent particles of food from getting stuck between grooves and pits of the teeth. Dental sealants act as a barrier between food particles and the surface of your tooth.
The procedure for dental sealants is quick and painless. Dental sealants are durable and can last a long time if they are taken care of. It is recommended to brush your teeth twice a day and floss daily to ensure your dental sealants’ longevity.
If you are interested in receiving dental sealants for you or your child, contact our dental clinic in Port Moody, BC V3H 1Z1 today to schedule a consultation!
Dental X-rays (radiographs) are a crucial diagnostic tool used for the prevention and detection of dental issues or abnormalities that are not seen during a regular dental exam. Without dental radiographs problems such as cysts, bone loss, tooth decay, poor tooth and root positions can go unnoticed.
Dental X-rays may reveal:
- Abscesses or cysts
- Bone loss
- Cancerous and non-cancerous tumors
- Decay between the teeth
- Developmental abnormalities
- Poor tooth and root positions
- Problems inside a tooth or below the gum line
Finding and treating dental problems at an early stage can save you time, money, unnecessary discomfort, and your teeth!
Are dental X-rays safe?
X-rays produce very low radiation and are safe. At our dental clinic, we use advanced digital technology which offers 90% less radiation than traditional X-rays. Everyone is exposed to radiation naturally and the exposure a patient would receive from a full mouth series of X-rays is equivalent to how much exposure one would receive in a day from natural sources of radiation. We also use different techniques to reduce your exposure time. Schedule your dental checkup in Port Moody, BC V3H 1Z1 today!
If you are searching for preventative dentistry near you, contact us today to request a consultation! Our dentist in Port Moody, BC, V3H 1Z1 takes pride in providing exceptional dental services for you and your entire family.