A root canal is a treatment to save a decaying tooth. It involves the removal of dead infected pulp and nerves and sealing up of that tooth. Sounds painful, doesn’t it? But, living with a toothache for long periods of time is the worst, I guarantee you that. Therefore, root canal treatment is the best solution. Root canal must be done as soon as your dentist realizes that you need one. So, here are some of the things you need to know about root canals.
- The earlier the treatment, the better. Visiting the dentist regularly (as we at the Mint Dental would be delighted to be at your service). This would help detect the problem earlier.
- You need to permit the dentist to carry out a long-lasting restoration of the tooth. That implies, getting the filling and the crown following removal of microbes and the infected bits away.
- One of the incredible feelings of trepidation about this sort of treatment is that it will be agonizing, however, the treatment when done by a professional (like those at the Mint Dental) are usually painless. The actual pain that is felt originates from the disease and not from the treatment. The treatment does not cause pain; it lightens it. The pain is alleviated by using local You won’t feel a thing!
- The problem is not just solved by getting a root canal. You might need regular check-ups to ensure cavities do not develop there. As there are no nerve endings there, therefore, you cannot sense pain. So, regular visits to your dentist will help.
- Maintain good oral hygiene. Clean your teeth after every meal and before going to sleep.
Advantages of Root Canal Treatment.
- No tooth extraction.
- After the procedure, chewing and biting are much more effective.
- The pain will be relieved.
- Saves the other teeth from infection and wear and tear.
Root canals may appear to be unnerving at first, but once you face your fear and let your dental specialist at the Mint Dental treat your tooth, you will understand that all of it was worth it! Despite all the trouble, your mouth will feel significantly better when you are done with the procedure.